pulley to the belt pulley?

Dont really want to weld lets say a 10 in. pulley and
cant go smaller since it is hollow .you know what I
mean.

I offer this up for any suggestions. Thx in
advance.

2900 watt 120/240 volt gen works good on my JD x590 and also
only Cub cadet 108

I've seen more then one tractor where the flat belt pulley is removed and then a V belt pulley is installed. Can't say for sure how it would be done in that Case but I have An A/C C that has that down on it

As Old said, it does seem it would be simpler to just remove the flat pulley and install a V pulley. You can get all sorts of combinations of hub type and pulley size, and even more if you're willing to weld the two parts together. Should just pull off and leave you with your original belt pulley to put back on if you need or want to.

Standard belt speed for flat belts is 3100 feet per minute. I don't know how close to that the Case SC is, but it should be close.

Pulley on there still nice 1942
Prob hard to pull
This has hand clutch and puts brake on pulley. Hate to remove pulley as this brake is handy to hold tractor in position in tight maneuvers

Gotcha. What's the shaft setup like? Any room to add another hub on the end that you could then put your new pulley on? Just tossing out thought-starters. Only experience I've had with a SC was taking a pass on one a buddy found in the wreck of an old barn and wanted to know if it was anything I was interested in--I wasn't, as it was more of a project than I wanted on a tractor I didn't really have a need for, so I'm not familiar enough with the fine details to offer more specific suggestions.

I had an antique, large single cylinder Kellogg air compressor with a flat pulley. The pulley was probably 3 inches wide and 12 to 16 inches in diameter. A B size belt from the motor ran the compressor just fine. So I think your flat pulley would work just fine also, as long as you can get your speed right.

Depending on rotation of the pulley would you be able to weld a piece of pipe to a new nut that would then have something to hold against the inner side at the outer end of the flat pulley it could even have a slight taper to it so it would be snug when the nut is tight. You could even use a double nut set up with them welded together to be able to get a socket on it. No boogering up the original pulley this way.

I think it can be done. The pulley spins at 1078, so your driven pulley would need to be around 3" to get 60 hertz. Please post pictures when you get it running.

Dad used conduit beam clamps. He put the set screws to hold the clamps to the flat pulley them bolted the V pulley to the threaded holes where the conduit clamps would go. I was to Young to remember how he got it centered. I will try to find a pic of a conduit beam clamps(CBC) to post as an example.
Dave

Caterpillar Guy's idea sounds doable.
How much does the threaded shaft end protrude from the nut?

If maybe at least 1/4 inch you could make a 1/4 inch steel disc with matching dimples to fit over the six rivet? heads.
Then weld a pipe to that disc and a v belt pulley at the outer end, or a hub so that you can have a choice of pulley sizes if you need to go up or down in diameter.

Or maybe mount a small tire to the generator shaft and friction drive it from the inside or the outside surface of the flat belt pulley?

Here is a pic of a conduit beam clamps like dad used.
Dave
cvphoto132356.jpg

Greenfrog, says you're a long-time user, haven't seen you around, anyway, thanks for the idea! I have and old 120 ac gen head only 2800wtts no 220vac been thinking isn't really worth buying an engine to fix it. Now I know what I'm going to do with it. Have old rideere no mower deck that will make a good candidate.
Have two Kill-o-watt meters. Sounds like a good winter project, though I don't know what I'd do with it if it got done. Never stopped me before....
JD

Double07, yeah I found caterpillar guy's answer quite interesting/creative.

They say necessity is the mother of invention, I've long held that while that may be true, laziness is most definitely the father.

remove the pulley then get he hub to fit and the size pulley needeed Browning is your friend and have the parts. What size is the splined shaft where the pulley goes

Google mounting a belt driven generator head on a garden tractor. Search the images. This can give you more ideas

cvphoto132472.jpg

Here is a pict of mine on a cub cadet 108. I can also mount it on a JD x590.

Replying to my own post:
Thanks to all that replied to my post and thanks to YT for providing a place to do so.
I have used YT many times in the past to get questions answered or to reply to others who have posted.
Its a wonderful technology to have. Its an inspiration to know that someone out there may have an answer or idea.
Thanks to all. Greenfrog

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back