1370 turbocharger question

Brokengun

When A Turbocharger goes bad does it blow oil between the Exhaust Elbow and the Turbocharger.

My 1370 was setting and running just fine. Next thing i have oil coming from the area between the turbocharger and Exhaust elbow.

This is not a normal oil leak from a worn engine. The amount of oil is as if an oil line is spewing oil.

I had the oil line off the turbo charger while i was doing other things to the tractor. I put new rubber sealing rings on the line.

Do any of you have a suggestion on how I can verify it is the Turbocharger leaking.

Are you sure it's oil? Fuel will be black if it comes from there too. But pull the intake off at the turbo and look in there. If there is oil there the turbo is your most likely culprit. Also check the impeller, it should have some movement but not too much.

Not sure what year you have, but if it has strata tubes in the air intake, mice get up there and build nest pretty quick, and that causes troubles

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back