15 Cent Carburetor

RMiller7

New User
So looking around the Google and I found a carb for $0.15 at another web site. Anyone ever seen/tried one of these? I expect it to be total junk but i let curiosity get the best of me and ordered one. Cost me $9 shipping. When it comes in I'll post some pics inside and out.

https://qualityfarmsupply.com/products/carburetor-new-marvel-schebler-replica-tractors-9n-2n-8n-1939-to-1952-replaces-marvel-schebler-tsx33-tsx241b-tsx241-a-c

(quoted from post at 10:47:25 12/19/23) So looking around the Google and I found a carb for $0.15 at another web site. Anyone ever seen/tried one of these? I expect it to be total junk but i let curiosity get the best of me and ordered one. Cost me $9 shipping. When it comes in I'll post some pics inside and out.

https://qualityfarmsupply.com/products/carburetor-new-marvel-schebler-replica-tractors-9n-2n-8n-1939-to-1952-replaces-marvel-schebler-tsx33-tsx241b-tsx241-a-c

Be sure & let us know what you get. THX

I wonder how many they sold for 15c before they fixed the price on the website. When I looked when is had the 15c price it said four available. Just now is says six.

(reply to post at 11:47:25 12/19/23)
Miss priced online stuff happens.

Back in 2015 I was shopping for a flush valve for a commercial wall mounted toilet.
Home Depot had one listed for $16.00
So I ordered one, fully expecting HD to cancel the order.
They delivered it to the store and I picked it up with no additional charges.
I got home and looked at the webpage for it to see if they corrected the price.
They had not, so I ordered three more.
They came in too for $16 each.
MSRP at the time was $1067.00 each.
They updated the price to $667.00 a few days later.

Few years back on a popular Ford tractor parts site. On their clearance page they had
Ford 8n tail lights for $12.00 with free shipping if you spent $35.

I ordered $35 worth several times. Put them on eBay for $38ea. I sold several a week.

Today they are still on clearance but priced at $67 I think it was. The free shipping
is now $75.

Carb showed up, put it on the tractor and it cranked right up. Idle air screw took minor adjustment, main needed a good turn and a half. Both were set at 1 turn out. Looks cheap like every other aftermarket one I have seen. If it doesn't hold up I'm not out much. FYI the carb that was on my tractor when I got it was not stock either.
mvphoto112649.jpg

mvphoto112650.jpg

mvphoto112651.jpg

(quoted from post at 14:02:57 12/26/23) Carb showed up, put it on the tractor and it cranked right up. Idle air screw took minor adjustment, main needed a good turn and a half. Both were set at 1 turn out. Looks cheap like every other aftermarket one I have seen. If it doesn't hold up I'm not out much. FYI the carb that was on my tractor when I got it was not stock either.
mvphoto112649.jpg

mvphoto112650.jpg

mvphoto112651.jpg
id you actually get it for 15 cents?

I wonder if anyone noticed the price they sold it for?

Probably if a small enough outfit with someone looking at the invoice before packing and shipping.

Some might be big enough and automated enough that the bean counter types never see the price something sold for until well after it ships. And the shipping department never sees the price on the packing slip.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back