175 what is it worth

fixerupper

I never thought I would do a whats it worth but I cannot find a comparable tractor in any ads anywhere. I have a 175 diesel I Bought thinking I would fix up ten years ago but the need and enthusiasm has died. It had a loader, the steering is very, very loose, the power steering does not work and it has zero for brakes. I suspect the engine clutch is in need of replacement and the PTO clutch slips too. The engine starts really well, if the battery is low and barely growls it over it will start. I do not know what the oil consumption is. Tranny is OK and the three point hitch works. Someone is coming to look at it someday soon but I do not know what to ask for price. What is salvage price for this tractor? The rear tires are good, one is almost new. Not exactly sure on size but looks like 16.9x32? It has fluid in the rears, the fronts hold air. This is northwest Iowa. I will never get out of it what I paid for it, I just plan on licking my wounds over this deal and getting on with life. Thanks. Jim

I would probably give between $1500-2000. Thats a lot for the buyer to fix. Maybe not nearly as much in parts but a lot of labor.

$1500-$2000 is about right. Depending on the quality of the loader $2500 might not be totally crazy. Brakes and clutch can take quite a bit of time to do and can get costly because of the other items you might as well change/fix while in there (I prefer to not split tractors twice in a short amount of time but to each their own).

Correction, the rears are 16.9x28. Both rear tires are real good. The loader is a Massey industrial loader with a front pump. The loader is very good and sound, the bucket is average. I used the loader a little for the previous owner and it is very fast, almost too fast.

I could see $2500 With a loader also. I took had for no loader.
I basically bought a setup similar for $4000 several years back. A few minor differences.Big mistake. Still trying to figure out how to get the extra 2k I put into It. Ill have to keep it Long term to justify the input!

To me a loader and front pump are a definite plus. Most the time loaders on these tractors are trip or plumbed to the main 3pt pump and pretty slow. I don't think $2500 is out of line (if you have to go that high) since it has that loader setup on it. The loader alone with the front pump would be worth $1000-$1500 on the used parts market, at least from my experience when I was wanting a loader for my 180. Figure it like this, fixed with that setup it should be worth $5000-$6000. So you should have some room to buy parts and do some work on it.

Around where I live just a FEL with front mount hydraulic pump go for $2500, and up! I say go a little on the high side, and see what kind of offers you get.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back