1850 hydraulic value leakage

MikeO-WI

My 1969 1850 apparently leaks hydraulic oil past the valve which in turn pressurizes the coupler ends. I find I have to use some sort of pin or bolt to remove the pressure before I can connect the coupler. Is there something that needs to be adjusted or do I have to tear into it and replace a valve. This tractor does not have the Hydra-electric couplers on it but I think those were replaced with standard Pioneer couplers at some point. I was going through the parts that were sent with the tractor when I purchased it last spring and there is a set of the hydra-electric couplers in the box. I can install the Pioneer couplers that will connect under pressure but the issue is the couplers leak out oil when they get under pressure. It also seems like both hoses are building pressure.

Oliver hydraulics are constant pressure. You need couplers that will couple under pressure, shutting down the tractor and wiggling the hydraulic levers does not relieve pressure. If your pioneer lever couplers are leaking, it's time for a new set or find someone smart enough to repair the leaking ones.

Kind of the nature of the beast. Both my 1650 and 1655 have same issue. Put pioneer couplers that hook up under pressure. If your present couplers are leaking with no hose attached some one has most likely used metal hitch pin or something to strike ball inside of coupler you have now. They tend to leak then. If you use something to releave pressure use wooden pin not medal Guess how i learned this

I put brand new Pioneers on my 1600 and they leaked like a sieve from day one. I had to put pipe plugs in the male ends and plug them in to stop the leak.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back