1850 hydraulic ??

herk

Hello when I bought this thing it had a loader with its own valves plumed into the tractor hydraulics , I removed a internal plug and it has been working OK all year, lately it has be getting slower to raise the end gate on the round baler ,the pressure is very irregular 500 psi to 1500 psi to so low the gauge won't read it all within about 30 seconds of moving the lever , now I hooked it up to my pull type swather , left lever platform, right lever reel , both plugged into the base ( front hose on each side ) base end and rod end is what book calls them . left lever pulling it back will raise the platform , right lever will raise the platform all the way up then the reel, anyone have any idea if what is going on with this thing ?? It had ATF in it when I bought it and I changed it over to thin hydraulic oil (as the manual recommended ) to be the same as my other tractors, the 3 pt works to lift round bales but is not the fastest, any ideas ??? Thanks Bryan

I think you need to look at the steering priority valve. I was getting funny things going on with one of my 185o's hydraulics a while back and I found a big piece of metal jammed in the priority block. I checked another tractor this summer due to irregular hydraulics and found a bunch of rubber chunks jammed in the spring on the priority valve. If you do not find the trouble there check your QD's, could be junk in them.

It looks like this. May be in a different place on yours. Easy to take apart. Two plugs, two spools with springs.
cvphoto95893.jpg

This make sense, I remember sometimes when the cylinder would reach to end of the stroke the steering wheel surge when turning on end rows , thanks again this should be a easy fix. Thanks Bryan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back