1850 power steering

pork

Member
will the power steering cylinder from a 1855 work on a 1850. the 1850 doesnt have the small oilfitting on the top. the 55 series does. whats the difference?
 
Are you wondering for the same reason that I am? The 1850 is open center hydraulics,the 1855,closed center. So,I'd for sure be finding out before I spent time and money on it. I just don't know if it matters on the cylinder. I think it does on the hydramotor.
 
Checkand see I think that elbow and hose that comes out the top is just a vent, and doesnt go anywhere, But you could just switch top cover caps.
 
    Guys, Think about the two systems.  Yes the two steering cylinders will interchange. The 50 series have a check valve in the piston to allow any leakage to return to the system.  The check valve in a closed center system will not effect anything.  When the steering system is in "N" (steering wheel not being turned) on the open center tractors the pressure is very low, like 200 PSI, you are not exposing the seals on the piston to much pressure, thus little to no leakage.  On the closed center system when in "N" the system is operating at 2200 PSI.  Some leakage will occur at the piston seals, it goes into the center gear part of the cylinder.  Without the bleed line it's not long before it builds 2200 PSI under the cap and it will break off the ears on the cap.  The original return hose routed leakage flow into the cooler circuit.  Change center caps or drill, tap and install the return line.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top