Anonymous-0
Well-known Member
I'm putting an engine back in the 1855D. I bought a new clutch and associated parts.
It seems to me that the clutch lever leans ahead too much. Before it was about vertical, as it is on the 1755 and 1550. Now it's leaned so far ahead that it is only about 1/2" from the bell housing and I would have to extend the clutch rod about 2" to get it to connect.
The clutch disk is in rightas far as I can tell. The springs are to the rear.
When I bolt up the bell housing, it doesn't want to go on the last 1/2" and I have to walk it on with the bolts. My recollections is that generally the bell housing should slide up and about touch the plate it bolts to.
The fork on the clutch lever that connects to the throw out bearing only goes on one way so that is not it.
Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
If there are none, I guess I'll take the pressure plate off and see if I somehow turned the clutch disk around backwards when I put it on.
I carefully compared the orientation of all the parts with the drawings in the parts diagram and with the description in the shop manual and am pretty sure I'm right.
It seems to me that the clutch lever leans ahead too much. Before it was about vertical, as it is on the 1755 and 1550. Now it's leaned so far ahead that it is only about 1/2" from the bell housing and I would have to extend the clutch rod about 2" to get it to connect.
The clutch disk is in rightas far as I can tell. The springs are to the rear.
When I bolt up the bell housing, it doesn't want to go on the last 1/2" and I have to walk it on with the bolts. My recollections is that generally the bell housing should slide up and about touch the plate it bolts to.
The fork on the clutch lever that connects to the throw out bearing only goes on one way so that is not it.
Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
If there are none, I guess I'll take the pressure plate off and see if I somehow turned the clutch disk around backwards when I put it on.
I carefully compared the orientation of all the parts with the drawings in the parts diagram and with the description in the shop manual and am pretty sure I'm right.