1929 Regular lives!

formerly ny bill

Well-known Member
I have owned this 1929 Regular for about 20 years. I bought it with a rebuilt engine, but no magneto. it sat in my toybox all that time. I pulled 2 F4 mags off F12 parts tractors, a college friend resurrected the mags, and today we assembled one mag on the Regular and towed it about 200', when it came to life. Still doesn't want to start off the crank, but it ran very smoothly. We had to change the gas tank and valve cover from another parts Regular to get good usable ones. Also found that a gas tank from an F20 is about an inch higher than one for a Regular. A very satisfying day, and thank heavens for my friend Mike's mechanical abilities in getting the mags working again and timed. Note the steel trim rings hanging for extra weight on the seat spring. Still a few things to tweak but still good.
KIMG0625.JPG


20240407_BillOlin MikeHaruk 1929FarmallRegular-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
They are cool old beasts.
I would wash it and spray it down with boiled linseed oil and drive it in a couple parades. People will get a kick out of it because it’s easy to see how old and original it is.
 
I have owned this 1929 Regular for about 20 years. I bought it with a rebuilt engine, but no magneto. it sat in my toybox all that time. I pulled 2 F4 mags off F12 parts tractors, a college friend resurrected the mags, and today we assembled one mag on the Regular and towed it about 200', when it came to life. Still doesn't want to start off the crank, but it ran very smoothly. We had to change the gas tank and valve cover from another parts Regular to get good usable ones. Also found that a gas tank from an F20 is about an inch higher than one for a Regular. A very satisfying day, and thank heavens for my friend Mike's mechanical abilities in getting the mags working again and timed. Note the steel trim rings hanging for extra weight on the seat spring. Still a few things to tweak but still good.
View attachment 66196
View attachment 66197
View attachment 66198
That is marcelous. Is it possible that the impulse coupling is not tripping causing little spark at hand crank speeds? Jim
 
I have owned this 1929 Regular for about 20 years. I bought it with a rebuilt engine, but no magneto. it sat in my toybox all that time. I pulled 2 F4 mags off F12 parts tractors, a college friend resurrected the mags, and today we assembled one mag on the Regular and towed it about 200', when it came to life. Still doesn't want to start off the crank, but it ran very smoothly. We had to change the gas tank and valve cover from another parts Regular to get good usable ones. Also found that a gas tank from an F20 is about an inch higher than one for a Regular. A very satisfying day, and thank heavens for my friend Mike's mechanical abilities in getting the mags working again and timed. Note the steel trim rings hanging for extra weight on the seat spring. Still a few things to tweak but still good.
View attachment 66196
View attachment 66197
View attachment 66198
Awesome old tractor. I love to hear one come back to life!
 
I have owned this 1929 Regular for about 20 years. I bought it with a rebuilt engine, but no magneto. it sat in my toybox all that time. I pulled 2 F4 mags off F12 parts tractors, a college friend resurrected the mags, and today we assembled one mag on the Regular and towed it about 200', when it came to life. Still doesn't want to start off the crank, but it ran very smoothly. We had to change the gas tank and valve cover from another parts Regular to get good usable ones. Also found that a gas tank from an F20 is about an inch higher than one for a Regular. A very satisfying day, and thank heavens for my friend Mike's mechanical abilities in getting the mags working again and timed. Note the steel trim rings hanging for extra weight on the seat spring. Still a few things to tweak but still good.
View attachment 66196
View attachment 66197
View attachment 66198
Have to love a rusty Regular!
 
I have owned this 1929 Regular for about 20 years. I bought it with a rebuilt engine, but no magneto. it sat in my toybox all that time. I pulled 2 F4 mags off F12 parts tractors, a college friend resurrected the mags, and today we assembled one mag on the Regular and towed it about 200', when it came to life. Still doesn't want to start off the crank, but it ran very smoothly. We had to change the gas tank and valve cover from another parts Regular to get good usable ones. Also found that a gas tank from an F20 is about an inch higher than one for a Regular. A very satisfying day, and thank heavens for my friend Mike's mechanical abilities in getting the mags working again and timed. Note the steel trim rings hanging for extra weight on the seat spring. Still a few things to tweak but still good.
View attachment 66196
View attachment 66197
View attachment 66198
Sounds WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for posting the vid!

Mike
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top