1937 CC rear wheels

mschwartz

Need some help with the rear wheels for a 1937 CC tractor. Tractor has the cast centers for rubber tires. Are the bolts and clamps the same
as an RC or early DC? Bought a tractor on an online auction about six hours from home and want to be prepared to take a couple 38 inch
tires on drop center rims to put on for the trip home. Was on the Aumann auction that ended yesterday if anyone wants to look at pictures.
Was originally hoping to buy the full set of steel wheels that was also listed but I was not $550 interested. Thanks, Mike

Without seeing the hubs it would be hard to tell, there were different hubs used, most factory hubs used 36 rear tires
Mike

Here is the best picture I have, thanks, Mike
cvphoto165658.jpg

cvphoto165659.png

Here is a picture of my CC's rear rims, the center casting is very similar but not exactly the same from what I was see, my rims are a three piece cast rim that bolts together, they are 36 tires, I have seen wheels with the same basic center with steel rims, I'd guess an early DC would be a good place to look.

cvphoto165693.jpg

There is a cast iron flange/ring that bolts to either side of your wheel hubs that makes the rims for your wheel, the twelve bolts hold it all togethear, after another look I think you have the same rims I have and there should have been the flange rings with the wheels, but could be wrong, finding those rings separately from the whole wheel could be a challenge.
Mike

Ok thank you for the info, now looking closer at your picture I think I understand what you have. Might be a reason why it sold cheap! I have seen similar type thee piece rims on late factory rubber Farmall F20, hard to find in useable condition. I am hoping that I can mount drop center 38 inch tires and rims by using the bolts and cast wedges like a later DC or SC. Will know more when I pick it up on the 10th. Thanks again, Mike

After doing some very crude measurements on my DC and CC I think your idea is plausable, I think the 38's will sit a couple of inches higher in the back though, it will be interesting to see how it works out.
Mike

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back