JD750 Rear Wheels Locked

tlblv

New User
Just picked up my first tractor. 1983 JD750 w Yanmar diesel engine.
Won't start, but starter is bad and new one is on the way.
My real concern is that the rear wheels are locked.
It's jacked and both rear wheels are off the ground. Neither will spin. It's in neutral but it feels like it's in gear...
Any pointers to free up would be appreciated.

Do you know any history on it at all, was it ''parked'' because the rear end locked up or did that happen while it sat unused?

If it happened while sitting perhaps moisture got in the brakes and locked them up.

Thanks for the response...
It was working fine, then parked for a couple years and when they went to operate wheels were locked up...
I'll figure out how to check the brakes for moisture. That makes sense in my simple mind.

Any idea where I might be able to get manuals for cheap or free?

in the elements...

btw.. w a quick search, I've found these are nothing like auto brakes...
gotta lot of learning to do...

it's got a yanmar diesel and found this link to replacing brakes...

The link is referencing yanmar tractors.. does this seem close?
https://www.hoyetractor.com/brakes.htm

.. lol .. no I remember drum brakes .. it's the getting to them part that thru me ...
I'll get'em off and inspect and keep everyone posted..
Thanks again to everyone!

I got called one time by the shop where my son was working. The church where the owner worked had one and the left
tire was locked up. I took the cover off the brake and it looked like that side of the tractor had been under
water. That entire brake was rusted tight. Must be a somewhat common occurrence with them.

(quoted from post at 11:31:34 10/02/23) Thanks for the response...
It was working fine, then parked for a couple years and when they went to operate wheels were locked up...
I'll figure out how to check the brakes for moisture. That makes sense in my simple mind.

Any idea where I might be able to get manuals for cheap or free?

I bought a 750 manual from Deere at this link:

https://deere-manual.com/john-deere-z425-z435-z445-z465-eztrak-diagnostic-service-manual-pdf-download-tm113019/

It has helped me.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back