1940 Farmall A

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I don't know much about tractors, but was interested in finding out if you can put a front loader on a 1940 A Farmall tractor?
 
No hydraulics on a stock A. No place to put a live pump. PTO driven pump is an option but not live. All in all not a good idea.

Had a model 1000 loader on a 130 at one time. Very hard on the little tractor. Never do it again.
 
Quick answer yes, Hendrickson made one for them. I have one on my super A (always had one) and as others have said, it takes a beating on the front end, both axle and stearing box. Mine has a very small bucket, about half a yard I'd say, and a trip bucket. I don't ever recall seeing one for sale, you could fab. one. If your tractor is a straigt A and not a super, you could add a pump to the back off the PTO. I must stress though, as others have said they were never intended to have a loader.

My 2 cents.
 
A loader will work but no way it should be used for heavy work as the front just isnt built for abuse. Just what are you planing on using the loader for. Pushing snow would work great.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top