1947 ford 2n oil pan

I have a 1947 ford 2n and im rebuilding the engine and the oil pan from the start had cracks and i have drilled holes on each end of the cracks, ground them out and brazed them together but all it does is just keep cracking and im also doing the cast iron brazing precautions and its just no win, so i was wondering what yall think and also where could i get a nice oil pan with no cracks

I have a 1947 ford 2n and im rebuilding the engine and the oil pan from the start had cracks and i have drilled holes on each end of the cracks, ground them out and brazed them together but all it does is just keep cracking and im also doing the cast iron brazing precautions and its just no win, so i was wondering what yall think and also where could i get a nice oil pan with no cracks
I may have one but not sure if it has any cracks of not. I seem to remember that some place on the pan there was one maybe 2 broken bolt hole but no crack that I remember

Best to find out why you have cracks. Where are the cracks? Are they around bolt holes? Overtightening them? Run over a big rock? Got the gaskets on it? A picture or two might give us a clue what it could be from. One thing for sure, I would NOT put another pan on until you uncover the true root cause of the cracking and resolve the problem. Oil Pan: p/n 9N-6675, used '39-'52. Bolt: 5/16-18 x 7/8 with lockwasher, 16 required. Two gaskets also used -see PIX. There are a few used ones on ebay now - one at $95 and I have no connection to the seller.

Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• FORD TRACTOR 39-54 MPC - DECEMBER 1953 PG 75.jpeg
    FORD TRACTOR 39-54 MPC - DECEMBER 1953 PG 75.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back