Ford 9n oil in coolant

it will not take much cascade big truck radiator one big bottle. Little 9n radiator probably one squeeze.
Well anything is better than nuttin. I fill the radiator slap up leave the cap off let it get hot and it self burbs it out repeat till it clears up. Its never as easy as just adding a detergent, I wish it were it would save me a bit of time.

I have a ford 9n that has oil in the coolant and had no oil in the oil pan and I know I check the oil before am I right thinking I have a Crack in the block?

Thanks david
This might not be your problem,but I check my oil every time I start my tractor. After a few months of adding oil every few weeks,I was checking stuff and discovered the oil plug on the pan and discovered that it was oozing oil because it was slightly loose. Clean the area where it is leaking oil so that it's clear what's going on.

Well anything is better than nuttin. I fill the radiator slap up leave the cap off let it get hot and it self burbs it out repeat till it clears up. Its never as easy as just adding a detergent, I wish it were it would save me a bit of time.
I should have been much more specific. You do as you say add a squeeze fill with water. Get hot dump. Repeat this total of 3 times. First is only one with cascade. Then fill with coolant. The cascade makes the oil come out in little brownish grey snot clumps it works pretty good if the vehicle has a water pump.

I should have been much more specific. You do as you say add a squeeze fill with water. Get hot dump. Repeat this total of 3 times. First is only one with cascade. Then fill with coolant. The cascade makes the oil come out in little brownish grey snot clumps it works pretty good if the vehicle has a water pump.

I don't think you can put a number on it, oil may show up for quite awhile just keep a check on it till the oil finds its way out of all those hidden places are finds a path out the top. I see this mostly on GM 3.1 V6 and 3.8 where theintake gaskets let oil into the coolant its a P.I.T.A to get all the oil out. The radiator fill is lower then the engine and that don't help, to add insult it has a overflow/degas bottle. If you were dedicated you could make a burpee/overflow to get the oil up and out of the radiator top tank.

bupper1.jpg

I don't think you can put a number on it, oil may show up for quite awhile just keep a check on it till the oil finds its way out of all those hidden places are finds a path out the top. I see this mostly on GM 3.1 V6 and 3.8 where theintake gaskets let oil into the coolant its a P.I.T.A to get all the oil out. The radiator fill is lower then the engine and that don't help, to add insult it has a overflow/degas bottle. If you were dedicated you could make a burpee/overflow to get the oil up and out of the radiator top tank.

View attachment 3352
We had to put a number on it or we would have been at it for 3 days and at 130 bucks an hour people would have been happy as you can imagine could have bought a radiator twice. You would be surprised that cascade in there works on the oil. Bubbling it out the top would just cover the outside of it with oil at that point you would just be better off pulling the radiator and cleaning it for real with the hotsy or taking it to the hot tank. You have to put something in to clean the block and lines because yeah the oil came from and is hiding in all those passages too. The cascade helps with that. Usually 3 good hot dumps and away you go at that point there wasn’t much for brown nasty coming out the little grey worms had quit. Even a c 15 with 2 quarts of oil in the top tank you could run it at that point and be fine. Your best bet was taking the top tank off and cleaning it separate which he doesn’t have to worry about. If it’s just some carbon in there 3 times away you go. I wonder what really happened to it if he found a ton of oil somewhere or none where there was supposed to be some? Perhaps we will never know.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back