Ford 2n Camshaft "bearing surface worn"

I have a 1947 ford 2n and I'm currently rebuilding the engine and the in block camshaft "bearing surfaces" in the block look a little scored, nothing too bad but i was wondering if there are like sleeves or after market bushings i could have a machine shop put in. Or if i should just leave it alone? Or even use a little hone and clean it up?

I have a 1947 ford 2n and I'm currently rebuilding the engine and the in block camshaft "bearing surfaces" in the block look a little scored, nothing too bad but i was wondering if there are like sleeves or after market bushings i could have a machine shop put in. Or if i should just leave it alone? Or even use a little hone and clean it up?
Bushings have been done in those engines. Depends on how bad and how much you want to spend.

All you will accomplish with a hone is excessive oil clearances and reduced oil pressure. Leave it alone or have it bored for camshaft bearings.

TOH

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back