1947 JD B - Gasket Question

kmhendress

Member
Location
Iowa
1947 John Deere B

I am getting ready to pull the clutch and "clutch/gear cover" off the tractor, wondering if there is a place that I can order a gasket for it. As I am not sure that I can find gasket material that is big enough for the clutch/gear cover. Is there a gasket suppose to be on there? I looked in my repair book and none was mentioned, but figured that was an oversight.

Thanks!
Kevin :)
 
I'm not totally clear which cover you are referring to ? The outer tin dust cover that is removed to get at the clutch adjustment bolts has no gasket. The pulley dust shield which is behind the clutch assy. has a gasket. The reduction gear cover which is the very large cast iron cover attached to the main case has a gasket too.
 
The only way to obtain parts for your tractor -- including gaskets -- is to use the Parts Catalog and identify the gasket by part number.

Once you have the number, a first call should be made to your local Deere dealer, and then go from there.

If you need help getting "grooved in" as relates to the Parts Catalog, write me -- I will guide you!(PatB)
 
(quoted from post at 08:55:34 05/07/08) The only way to obtain parts for your tractor -- including gaskets -- is to use the Parts Catalog and identify the gasket by part number.

Once you have the number, a first call should be made to your local Deere dealer, and then go from there.

If you need help getting "grooved in" as relates to the Parts Catalog, write me -- I will guide you!(PatB)

Pat - I do need some help getting "grooved in" in regards to Parts Catalog.

I will try to send you a message....

Thanks,
Kevin
 

I'm talking about the large cast iron cover that has the clutch and belt pulley mounted to it.

Sorry for not being specific enough.
 
Thanks for all of the assistance, I was able to find the gasket online at jdparts.deere.com so now can order if when I need it!

Thanks to Pat, as I was able to find the parts manual online as well!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top