Tubaphysics

New User
My son pulled his great grandpa's MD out of the barn and was able to get it running. Unfortunately, like seems to be the case with so many of these the head is cracked. Searching the internet is not giving solid results as to the best course of action. The casting on the tractor is 8228-DF. Is anyone able to help with options? We are located in Iowa.

Here in NY years ago there were many IH gas start diesels a lot of UD power units. I am lucky enough to have one guy still in business that worked on them years ago and still will. I had cracked head on TD-9 he took it and brazed it and made new seat in one cylinder.
other than finding a good head you must repair what you have. I would think out in Iowa someone must know who can work on them. It will be pricey but can be done.

the head can be repaired by a reputable shop in this work, but it will be more the tractor is worth. maybe 1500.00 -2000.00 for the head workover. other than that its to find another engine for parts or complete.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back