1948 case la magneto

this one doesnt kill the spark , the spark advance is working, we just brought a real nice original survior back to life no dents in the fenders or the rest of the sheet metal . and is complete . anyone know where to get magneto parts for this or a service manual for the mag thanks HudCo

this one doesnt kill the spark , the spark advance is working, we just brought a real nice original survior back to life no dents in the fenders or the rest of the sheet metal . and is complete . anyone know where to get magneto parts for this or a service manual for the mag thanks HudCo
Is it a Case mag or? What are the numbers on it? I have a service manual for some Case mag models that I can copy for you.

I have a couple or more of those mags. I can pull the cover and see what it is supposed to ground to to kill the spark.

Is the lever moving through it's full range. May have to change the length of the rod to get enough movement. Or someone left the brass strip off that goes to the grounding screw. Should be able to remove the two screws on the advance cover and carefully lift the cover out. Pretty self explanatory after that....

mag is case 60267 tractor is sn. 5209198LA carb zeinth 04669 871 kind of thought what ever grounds is dirty, hopefully i can clean and shine and i will not need parts , every one knows that works on all this old stuff is that it could work and be fine un till its disturbed and then just fall apart or leak or somthing easle. i think the cover is going the full travel but what direction does it shut off clock wise or counter clock wise carb parts will surely be needed where do i get carb parts and mag parts thanks everyone , Hud

mag is case 60267 tractor is sn. 5209198LA carb zeinth 04669 871 kind of thought what ever grounds is dirty, hopefully i can clean and shine and i will not need parts , every one knows that works on all this old stuff is that it could work and be fine un till its disturbed and then just fall apart or leak or somthing easle. i think the cover is going the full travel but what direction does it shut off clock wise or counter clock wise carb parts will surely be needed where do i get carb parts and mag parts thanks everyone , Hud
05049040-1E3B-4566-BE2D-FBD4DCE54D1F.jpeg
There is a little clip in the housing that contacts the advance ring when turned counter clockwise. It would not be the first magneto I have seen where it was broken off and missing.

Attachments

• 86B02FFD-7257-471C-AF1C-98E2530D8FCC.jpeg
    86B02FFD-7257-471C-AF1C-98E2530D8FCC.jpeg
    633.7 KB · Views: 14
mine has a strap that hold on the cover took the cover off looking for some kind of tab like that dint really notice anything but will look again i did get it to shut off twice after i sprayed a little electrical contact cleaner around the area the tractor does run nice but i am goeing to expect to have to do the carb after it has run awhile so where will i get carb parts gaskets for it thanks hud

mine has a strap that hold on the cover took the cover off looking for some kind of tab like that dint really notice anything but will look again i did get it to shut off twice after i sprayed a little electrical contact cleaner around the area the tractor does run nice but i am goeing to expect to have to do the carb after it has run awhile so where will i get carb parts gaskets for it thanks hud
This site sells carburetor kits, but for some parts that are hard to find, I've bought many parts from McDonald carb and ignition

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back