Magneto question

There was an optional lighting kit for early hand start tractors. There was a bolt on pulley and a generator that put out enough power to run a head lamp attached to the front of the tractor.
Wonder what year/serial number ? It would be interesting to find or mimic such a system .

Wonder what year/serial number ? It would be interesting to find or mimic such a system .
There were a couple different types. My 39 B had a system on it where the bracket straddled the nose cap and there was a bolt on pulley for the generator. My friend had a system on his 35 A with two lights and a tail lamp. Another had a generator pulley on the open fan shaft of the 34 A.

Looked at the parts book . Not sure when the A had lighting . The AR and AO were early

according to the parts book . 1939 was the first year for a generator on an A . Thought it was years sooner .
The BI had it in approximately 1937, AI was 1937, DI (and I think D) was 1938, the AO, BO were probably 38

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back