1949 w-speed patrol

jullar

New User
Good day everyone. I'm a newbie to this forum and not very good with computers. I'm a retired grader operator and love fixing up old tractors to keep me out of trouble. I have recently purchased a 1948 allis chalmers w speed patrol grader. I'm having lots of trouble finding a copy of the owner operator manual to find out what the gear box under the tractor with a sprocket attached to the transmission and how it works. one gentleman said probably to do with what position or angle the blade is set for grading and I think he is correct but I'm not finding anything on this tractor. I do know it's a wc tractor with a front end extension added to it IE-3500 is the number on the serial number tag. thanks any info at this point would help thanks

Attachments

• 20240606_151734.jpg
    20240606_151734.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 39
Welcome. I don't have an answer for you, but a picture of said gear box and sprocket would go a long way to helping you. As for an owners manual, try ebay. I've found some obscure stuff there. Here's a copy of the part manual;

Here's a op manual for a similar machine:

I own two AC model D graders I'm in the process of refurbing. BTW, your W seems to be missing the blade, something rather needed to do any grading.

Good morning. Thanks for helping me out. The blade came with the grader, but the gentleman who had it prior to me had removed it to store it in a barn. I will be attaching a picture of the gear box with the hand lever that controls it. It's very close to the operator seat it has a forward and reverse function to it .

Attachments

• 20240609_194829.jpg
    20240609_194829.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240609_194845.jpg
    20240609_194845.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 35
Good morning. Thanks for helping me out. The blade came with the grader, but the gentleman who had it prior to me had removed it to store it in a barn. I will be attaching a picture of the gear box with the hand lever that controls it. It's very close to the operator seat it has a forward and reverse function to it .
Cultivator lift that was on the WC tractor so when they did the Speed Patrol mod they left them on simple as that

The first pic is of pto gear box on tractor, what sprocket is for ? That rod should shift pto on/off but rod is on wrong side. Its on other side on my WC,

The first pic is of pto gear box on tractor, what sprocket is for ? That rod should shift pto on/off but rod is on wrong side. Its on other side on my WC,
Maybe because the gearbox faces forward instead of to the rear as on the normal WC. So the shifter is necessarily on the opposite side.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back