Looking for a WC draw bar extension

jpi72

Right now my winter project is working on a WC that I purchased this summer. It has a short drawbar. The parts books (p.113) shows a drawbar extension. Part number 216068. Does anyone have one on a parts tractor? A salvage yard to contact that might have one?

Also I replaced the left brake lining today. I found no gasket between the top cover casting and the axel housing. Should I make one, or is it casting on casting?

Thanks for any information.
Joel

I don't know what it looks like so maybe this wouldn't work. How about making it? By the time you pay for a used one, and the shipping it might be just as easy to make the part. Steel from a scrap yard possibly? Or from a shop or supplier that will cut you what you need.

Thank you for the replies. I was concerned about dust getting into the brake chamber. I will clean the castings up really well and put it back together.

I may go the scrap metal route for a draw bar. I was hoping someone had a parts tractor in the grove.

Joel

Right now my winter project is working on a WC that I purchased this summer. It has a short drawbar. The parts books (p.113) shows a drawbar extension. Part number 216068. Does anyone have one on a parts tractor? A salvage yard to contact that might have one?

Also I replaced the left brake lining today. I found no gasket between the top cover casting and the axel housing. Should I make one, or is it casting on casting?

Joel

I have both drawbar extension, the old flat one and the newer C shaped one. they are out there somewhere under the snow. Send me an email with your phone number and I will get with you when the snow melts. Richard

Joel
I have a parts WC but I'd have to look if it has the swinging draw bar if that is what your looking for

Joel
wiring 6.jpeg

Thank you for the replies. I was concerned about dust getting into the brake chamber. I will clean the castings up really well and put it back together.

I may go the scrap metal route for a draw bar. I was hoping someone had a parts tractor in the grove.

Joel
My parts WC has the swinging draw bar on it. My e-mail is open

I have a parts WC but I'd have to look if it has the swinging draw bar if that is what your looking for
I am not sure how to email you. Can you tell me how to do that, or I can give you my email here.

Joel
There is a hole in the bottom of the brake chamber. When I bought my WC, it had wooden dowels stuck in the holes, and there was oil in them. Not knowing any better I added a little more oil, and then wondered why it didn't have a gasket for the lid, just like you...
Then a couple years ago, I decided that I needed new brake linings. That was when I discovered that there shouldn't be any oil in the chamber. There are 2 seals, one to keep the oil in the rear axle, and one to keep the oil in the bull gear chamber.

Last edited:
There is a hole in the bottom of the brake chamber. When I bought my WC, it had wooden dowels stuck in the holes, and there was oil in them. Not knowing any better I added a little more oil, and then wondered why it didn't have a gasket for the lid, just like you...
Then a couple years ago, I decided that I needed new brake linings. That was when I discovered that there shouldn't be any oil in the chamber. There are 2 seals, one to keep the oil in the rear axle, and one to keep the oil in the bull gear chamber.
Fortunately the brake drum area is dry, no oil. Live and learn.

Joel

Where are you located? I have part 5 (and 4 and 12) in s.w. Pa. I think mine are from a WD. Could be expensive to ship.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back