1953 Super H

Hi guys! Looking at buying a 1953 SH serial number 8729J. Wondering what a good price for it would be. Engine runs good with no knocks or blowby. Transmission is quiet and stays in all gears with no trouble. Has live hydraulic pump (said to have belley pump still too) but unsure of condition. Lights, gages, and charging system (has alternator)dont work, rear tires are weather checked with 90% tread, front tires are new, sheet metal is straight - paint is faded. Looking to complete a collection - will eventually restore. I am in central Iowa, tractor is in eastern Nebraska. Thanks for your help...
 
1500 is a good price it sounds like a good medium (or mid position tractor. That, from here, would be my place to start. If the drawbar hole is pretty round, it would be good. JimN
 
should be worth 1500 or maybe more here in wis. does it have any accessories like fenders, weights etc? is it the original motor?the original motor should have a serial no. of approx 10150 or more. good luck with it and enjoy
hope this helps
pat in wis
 
Everything is original to my knowledge. Only option is the live hydraulic pump. Only going off of photos and what info I have gotten from the seller. Will say that there is a mess of hydraulic lines that wouldany ph need redone so may be in need of any photos someone may have from the live pump to the belley pump reservior and two-way valve. I was thinking $1300 so a pretty close consensus.
 
Is that the one on ebay? I am only 35 miles for that one and have been looking at that one too. The rims look kinda rusted out next to the valve stem. I just bought a 1953 Super H 2 months ago in Herman NE and I gave $2,000 for it, but it is pretty decent (good paint and always kept inside). I would guess about $1200 for that one you are looking at.
 
Your gonna restore it? Sounds like all it needs is some work on the electrical system. Of course around here we lean more to pink than red. I like to think of it as aging gracefully. Sounds like you are in the ballpark of what I would give for it. Hope you get it!
 
Hi, Matt, I saw that you had restored a 300 and had taken it to the state fair, well I saw it, and looked at it for a long time- Because I have a 300 that my grandpa gave me. I restored it and took it to the story county fair. I got a blue on it. I read that you live in central Iowa, where? I live in story city. About the H, I think that the other guys are not too far off. If the thing is a Stage 2 then it will be worth more, how you can tell is the battery is under the seat like the 300. If you can get it in top notch shape then it will be worth some money like my great uncle"s who had his restored by the South Hamilton Ag. Shop. Good luck. Levi Keech
 
Levi, did you have a tractor down at the state fair? Your name sounds familiar... I am from Jefferson, but currently live in Ankeny while attending DMACC for precision tool and die manufacturing. Anyway, this SH is a stage I. My aunt and grandpa have both told me that if something should ever happen, that I will inheret their 1949 H, 1948 M, and 1952 SM so I need a SH to complete the series of the collection I will someday have. All tractors will at some point get restored by me. Course then I will need a 350, 400, and 450 too! Anyway am currently in college right now so money is a little short but thought if I could get this SH at a good price it would be worth it. I guess we"ll see what happens. Thanx
 
the one you bought wouldn"t happen to be serial # 1853 would it? I have SH 1854 J and have been looking for 1853. Its somewhere in Neb, or at least it was about 7 years ago. Pat in Wis
 
Matt:
I saw that SH on ebay and would say $1500 max and less would be better. If it were a stage II, it would be more desireable. Good luck. mike durhan
 
no - don't have any info available where they sold originally, I'm afraid all those records were destroyed when Case/Tenneco bought out IH.
Are you in the Wayne area?

Thanks, Pat
 
Sounds like a litter mate of the one I bought 2 years ago for $1300 dropped at my door.

They only had to haul it about 15 miles.

I think I paid a little too much as the rear tires are usable, but one has a big slash in the tread and they are pretty dried out.

Front tires also shot, but rest of the tractor is about like you described.

Go for it!!
Gene
 
No, I'd didn't have a tractor at the state fair, I took the thing through 4-H, which was a mistake and a half. Shoulda taken it with FFA so I could of taken to the fair. We have a 1950 M that I hope to restore this year or next. As far as you hearing my name somewhere, there's a lot of places where you could of heard it: channel 8 a couple years back or the register (I think) a month or two ago. Also about DMACC, I want to take diesel tech next year which will be my senior year(HS), but I really don't want to drive from Story City to Ankeny everyday. Talk to ya later. Levi
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top