1955 300 Utility

I have a 1955 300 Utility, by the serial number, and have been told they only made 500 1955 300 U tractors. Anyone have any
comments or proof of that?
Just curious.
cvphoto143225.jpg

According to Guy Fay's data book:
1955 -- 14,312
1956 -- 18,864.
I believe these numbers reflect IH fiscal years. Thus tractors built in November and December of 1955 are in the 1956 numbers.

Guy's numbers came straight off of IH production reports.

Serial number arithmetic usually gets you in the ballpark, but isn't exact. In this case, it looks like maybe about 100 off (fewer tractors than serial numbers).

I have a '55 300u and the s/n is 9000 something. I think the first s/n is 501. I live across the river from Higginsport in Bracken County over in KY. I saw your tractor in the Cincinnati Craigslist ads-looks to be in good shape. Mark.

Thanks, it is ok shape, it had a hard life from what I can tell. By the serial # on mine, it has to be a late 1955 model, I don't have the serial number here in the house to ell you what it is.

It is too hard for me to get on & off of, is why it is for sale on Craigslist.

The older I get, everything is hard to get on/off-in/out. LOL! Maybe you can find a good 8n Ford with a Sherman transmission-lots easier to get on. My biggest complaint about my 300u is the hard steering. Mark.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back