1960 model 841 best quality parts

jimg1955

New User
need to order top cover complete gasket-oring kit and cam follower pin for my 841.what supplier has the best quality.next question,is a real ford service manual available with correct specs for adjustment of the top cover links to spool valve.i have not been able to find real info -i know ford had special tools to set gaps but no dimensions.my first ford tractor -lots of info out there but sorting through all the different models is time consuming.i want to do the job correctly once.i also need real specs on the hydraulic tube through the trans.my tube broke and left the section in the hyd. housing.tube doesnt look original -i can mic the front and rear after split but need a real dimension for the center so still need to split the tractor to deal with that but meanwhile i am doing maintenance .any help appreciated.jim

I have installed half a dozen lift cover
kits from this site. All worked good - no
leaks or problems. I don't know where
you'd buy an original Ford repair manual.
Maybe CNH still sells them or find a used
one on ebay. Most of us here use the I&T
FO-20 manual. It will explain the work
around to adjust the linkage without the
special tool.

(quoted from post at 02:53:52 07/26/20) I have installed half a dozen lift cover
kits from this site. All worked good - no
leaks or problems. I don't know where
you'd buy an original Ford repair manual.
Maybe CNH still sells them or find a used
one on ebay. Most of us here use the I&T
FO-20 manual. It will explain the work
around to adjust the linkage without the
special tool.
hanks for the reply.i will go with your recommendation.i like to have factory specs for obvious reasons.i did find specs for the tube on this site.lots of good info here.now to deal with stuck unloader valve.it seems all the videos online cover everything but critical info and procedures -i will probably buy a reprint factory service manual off ebay.any thoughts on the quality of sellers.thanks again for the help.jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back