1961 jd 3010 clutch

Bob starr

New User
Can anyone confirm if a 61 and 62 jd 3010 use a different clutch than the later models and if so is the flywheel different?

Can anyone confirm if a 61 and 62 jd 3010 use a different clutch than the later models and if so is the flywheel different?
It appears there is a serial number break. What is your serial number, the serial number is used in the parts catalog not the year.

Gas or diesel? There also should be a number on your flywheel. Short answer is yes there’s about 4 options. what brings up the question?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-02 073635.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 073635.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 9
Gas or diesel? There also should be a number on your flywheel. Short answer is yes there’s about 4 options. what brings up the question?
Although there are 4 flywheel options shown in 3010 parts catalog there are not 4 flywheel options for a 3010 due to 3010 wasn't offered with a Powershift trans. I remember getting lectured by JD dealer owner back in the mid 1960's when I was 1st employed at dealership to ""always read parts descriptions & footnotes"" before selling/ordering parts.
Screenshot 2024-04-02 074250.png
!!!

Although there are 4 flywheel options shown in 3010 parts catalog there are not 4 flywheel options for a 3010 due to 3010 wasn't offered with a Powershift trans. I remember getting lectured by JD dealer owner back in the mid 1960's when I was 1st employed at dealership to ""always read parts descriptions & footnotes"" before selling/ordering parts.
View attachment 65324!!!

View attachment 65324!!!
I’m kinda curious what makes the question arise I’ve always just had them surfaced I didn’t know if he lost a ring gear or what happened that he was looking for a new one. To be sure it says marked such and such which means the old one will have a number. Any idea where that number would be located? I haven’t seen it in passing

My guess is the fact that there are several clutch part # options that get narrowed down if one reads parts descriptions & footnotes. IIRC flywheel part # was stamped on outside edge.

Yeah I’d match that number then especially if you have one laying around that was the original now that he pulled it off. I’m assuming it worked fine before. He may or may not have adjusted it correctly with the tool

Yeah I’d match that number then especially if you have one laying around that was the original now that he pulled it off. I’m assuming it worked fine before. He may or may not have adjusted it correctly with the tool

Only differences I can locate in 3010 parts catalog concerning traction clutch/pressure plate is regular vs heavy duty with no apparent serial # break.
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/57657/referrer/navigation/pgId/215763 Flywheel should be only determined by engine fuel type.
So he put a part number 101907 Flywheel from all state on the tractor. I think this is correct. Am I correct that all the diesel flywheels sub to AR40565

Yes AR40565 fits several models with Syncro-range trans shown in photo below. 2nd photo shows part # for flywheel both SR & PS trans which I'll agree PS trans
Screenshot 2024-04-02 183511.png
wasn't offered on a 10 series RC tractor..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-02 183345.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 183345.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 9

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back