1968 MF 165 Hydraulic Pump Auxiliary Pump Mounting Brack

Hi All! This is my first time posting on YT.

I am replacing the hydraulic pump on a 1968 MF 165 Diesel IPTO with Multipower. Tractor is split and the old pump is out; the control valve was frozen. Opted to replace pump instead of overhaul.

Pump is a 10-spline. The replacement pump is has part # 184473M93 on it. I don't know the part number of the original pump, even tho I have the MF parts manual... the manual is not very clear to me and there are several variations on the pump.

I'm about to reassemble the tractor. My question is that the original main hydraulic pump had studs protruding from the forward end onto which the Aux Pump Mounting Bracket Bolted.

The new pump has slightly larger diameter carriage bolts on it. They are too large to pass thru the Aux Pump Mounting Bracket.

My thought is to drill out the holes in the Aux Mounting Bracket so the carriage bolt will fit through.

Wondering if any of you have encountered this and how you addressed the issue? Both pumps are 10 spline and almost everything else looks the same - the control lever is slightly different; pics attached for reference!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Dusty

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back