1975 C300D muffler

Luisianna

New User
Hi. I am new to the forum and could use your help/advice.
I am in search of a replacement muffler # AM35193, for my 1975 C300D, s/n031542M, which is no longer available.
What have any of you other fellows done for a modification or substitute? I am looking for any info that can keep me going and be safe!
I have a hard top soft side cab, with 49" blower on the tractor so I need exhaust to blow out freely through front like original or up to a vertical muffler? The horizontal muffler I removed has stampings on it that say: 218 NELSON can't find that in any replacement either. Which may or may not have been original. Tractor has the original Kohler 16HP K341 AQS engine.

I am in search of a replacement muffler # AM35193, for my 1975 C300D, s/n031542M, which is no longer available.
What have any of you other fellows done for a modification or substitute? I am looking for any info that can keep me going and be safe!
I have a hard top soft side cab, with 49" blower on the tractor so I need exhaust to blow out freely through front like original or up to a vertical muffler? The horizontal muffler I removed has stampings on it that say: 218 NELSON can't find that in any replacement either. Which may or may not have been original. Tractor has the original Kohler 16HP K341 AQS engine.
Welcome to the forums.

It looks like you have been searching for a muffler for a few years as the same info you posted here shows up on some other forum thread since 2020. Beyond doing a search using the part number and calling places that say they can supply one, the advice you received to find one that fits the engine and rework the outlet is about the best you will do.

There is very little difference between the AM35193 for the older serial numbers and the AM36463 for the later serial numbers, it is POSSIBLE that the later part can be used with very little modification, and it is still available from DEERE.

I have two later 300's in my shop right now and an early one like yours, the earlier one is apart and I might consider parting with the muffler which (as I recall) is in good condition.

I'll take a look and see what the difference actually is.

There is very little difference between the AM35193 for the older serial numbers and the AM36463 for the later serial numbers, it is POSSIBLE that the later part can be used with very little modification, and it is still available from DEERE.

I have two later 300's in my shop right now and an early one like yours, the earlier one is apart and I might consider parting with the muffler which (as I recall) is in good condition.

I'll take a look and see what the difference actually is.
MAaOZeJ.jpeg

Here's the info I promised.

I think you you could use the newer/still available muffler if you are able to trim/make slight "mods" to the hood support.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back