2-85/2-105 doing stationary pto work question

cdziadek

New User
Is there a safe place to run the over/under on these tractors when doing stationary pto work like on a grain vac or auger. I thought I read somewhere before that you don't get oil to certain top shafts in the trans if not in the right spot? The trans lube light flashes periodically on my 105 when we were using it to vac some grain a few days ago.

The over/under is separate from the transmission, so I doubt it makes any difference. On Case models you don't want to leave the power shift in reverse during stationary
PTO use.

I might get in trouble for quoting somebody else, but JSchwiebert always advised running the transmission in the
low speed neutral so the transmission gears are running slower. As far as the O/U, I personally would say run it in
under drive for the same reason. I'm sure if I'm wrong about that, somebody will let me know.

Yeah I have a 970 case with the powershift also so I was aware of that one just newer to the white/Oliver O/U. Thanks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back