2010 3 Point issues

red35x

New User
I know I am responding to an aged post on the forum, but researching 2010 hydraulic issues.
This message is a reply to an archived post by Jo Bird on April 15, 2015 at 23:10:33.<br>The original subject was "Re: John Deere 2010 Hydraulic Issues".<br><br> Have 63 2010 utility with ps, and load and depth control. Have 37A loader and all worked well except 3 point was getting slow. Then no ps and loader lost hydraulics and no power steering. Changed fluid and cleaned filter...washed in diesel fuel, soap and then dried...reinstalled and have ps and pressue to the loader valves(gets supply from valve under steering) and dumps into fill on left side of transmission. Power steering has been restored and Have pressure to the rear remote as engine labors when moving lever on dash. But no 3 point. Also checked priority valve to no avail. Do not have pressure gauge so have not been able to check pressures.
I have removed the top cover on the rockshaft housing and removed the plug for checking pressure. I can get some oil to come out of hole when just turning tractor over without it running. Can anyone suggest a valve to check that may be plugged. When changing the filter it was covered with some pretty cruddy stuff that resembled sludge and gook. One could understand that oil was not flowing through the filter.
I have been reading all the 2010 hydraulic issues but none of them culminate with an answer to the issue. All the forums seem to end without an answer or solution to the issue. I would appreciate if anyone or you(I am leaning on you as your responses have been very informative), could assist with the issue I have with the 3 point not operating. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Also, am I missing something on the aged forums when they just end and no one else responds?

"I have removed the top cover on the rockshaft housing and removed the plug for checking pressure. I can get some oil to come out of hole when just turning tractor over without it running."

It's an "open center" system and there won't be pressure there unless the 3-point is trying to lift a load, flow, YES, pressure, no. (Who told you that plug was for checking pressure?)

If you've let the oil get that bad/NASTY, the suction screen may have plugged again very quickly.

(quoted from post at 18:35:59 02/27/19) "I have removed the top cover on the rockshaft housing and removed the plug for checking pressure. I can get some oil to come out of hole when just turning tractor over without it running."

It's an "open center" system and there won't be pressure there unless the 3-point is trying to lift a load, flow, YES, pressure, no. (Who told you that plug was for checking pressure?)

If you've let the oil get that bad/NASTY, the suction screen may have plugged again very quickly.

I purchased the unit when ps, 3 point and loader worked. I am doing maintenance as the ps was jerky and loader raise was slow and 3 point slow. I have a service manual that shows to check pressure at this plug..approx 3/16. It is also mentioned in previous forums.

As Bob says, you need a gauge to check the pressure with the tractor running while operating the 3 point. My guess is that the filter is still plugged. Washing it with diesel will not clean it out. Why, you ask, because over the years wax from the oil has accumulated on the micro fiber. The way I clean them is with hot, hot water to melt the wax build up and soap to keep it in suspension. I also put an air nozzle in side the filter and blow away the wax while submerged in the hot water/soap. To check to see if it is clean stand it on end and pour new oil into the inside of the filter, if it does not flow readily out it needs more cleaning. If the oil can't flow out it can't flow in fast enough to supply the pump. If this does not solve the problem with the 3 point you may need to rebuild the pistons in the three point. Let me know if you do, theirs a pipe you need to disconnect under their or you will bend it.. mine also had a problem with the poppet valves controlling to flow to the pistons. One of the balls had been pushed down into the supporting spring.This allowed the oil to bypass so the 3 point would not build pressure to raise it. Please post back and let us know what you find.
Jo

(quoted from post at 16:37:58 02/28/19) As Bob says, you need a gauge to check the pressure with the tractor running while operating the 3 point. My guess is that the filter is still plugged. Washing it with diesel will not clean it out. Why, you ask, because over the years wax from the oil has accumulated on the micro fiber. The way I clean them is with hot, hot water to melt the wax build up and soap to keep it in suspension. I also put an air nozzle in side the filter and blow away the wax while submerged in the hot water/soap. To check to see if it is clean stand it on end and pour new oil into the inside of the filter, if it does not flow readily out it needs more cleaning. If the oil can't flow out it can't flow in fast enough to supply the pump. If this does not solve the problem with the 3 point you may need to rebuild the pistons in the three point. Let me know if you do, theirs a pipe you need to disconnect under their or you will bend it.. mine also had a problem with the poppet valves controlling to flow to the pistons. One of the balls had been pushed down into the supporting spring.This allowed the oil to bypass so the 3 point would not build pressure to raise it. Please post back and let us know what you find.
Jo
Thanks .... I will remove the filter and wash as you have suggested. I will post back to let you know my findings.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back