22 Transmission Bearing

Hi everyone. The input shaft of my transmission is leaking like a stuck pig. So I need to replace that there seal. I found a part number on the existing seal but can"t seem to cross reference it with anything. Anyone have a NAPA part number or a resource. Steiners does not have it listed and was hoping it would be a quick fix.

Excuse my ignorance too. I have always been a ford N guy and this is my first Massey. I do have the manual, but someone elses experience answers alot of questions! Can I at the same time replace the input shaft bearing while I have the seal removed?? If so, anyone have a part numer for the bearing??

Thanks in advance for any help! So far I have had all of my questions answered and found help and resources from y"all. Hope to be able to contribute something back when I get to know the machine better.
 
Ed, The trans. input seal is MH p/n 17259A. That
crosses to a National 50295. That should be
crossable. I never serviced the part that you
mentioned but I see in the manual that all the
assembly/disassembly is included. Do you have the
regular MH manual? Chuck
 
Hi Chuck. Thanks for the valuable cross reference. do have the regular manual, but was unclear if the front bearing could be easily removed and replaced without having to go any further than the front seal. Have ordered the seal today and will see how it goes this weekend when I pull it all apart.

Thanks again for te info - great help!

Ed Nikolich
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top