2550 Open Station Replacement Seat

Gentlemen,

I'm looking to replace the seat on my John Deere 2550 open station with something a bit "better" than the $100 Tractor Supply generic replacement seat. It looks like Grammer doesn't make a seat that fits my tractor (and is likely too expensive, anyway), but I did find this seat:

https://www.griggslawnandtractor.ne...eat/?msclkid=2010010607da1eecb9ce6062780dce68

It doesn't specifically say 2550--it "looks" like it would fit, but I am wary of the angle of the mounting bracket. According to Mother Deere, it fits the "newer" 5000 series tractors that came right after the 55 series in the 90s.

Does anyone know if this seat would bolt up, or has anyone found a good replacement seat for the Mannheim Monsters that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but that is better than the generic low-end "universal" replacement?

Thanks!

It looks like it should work. I just replaced a Grammer seat assembly on my 2040 with a complete assembly from a 2440. I replaced all the
bushings and the cushions. I adjusted the weight and the shock seems good. Mine does not have the slide track base but as the only driver
it never needs changed anyway. Tom

Did you look and price the seat from John Deere? I'm very suspect of seats from the aftermarket. They're usually junk made in Cambodia or some no-name province of a country we've never
heard of. Not saying Deere stuff isn't also but I've had much better luck with OEM products and had a true fit.

Deere wanted anywhere from $800 to $1600 for a replacement seat--I think I'll take my chances with Cambodia for that price...

I bought a genuine jd seat for my 2510. It
didn't last very long at all and started
cracking. The cushion is as hard as a
rock. When the time comes I'll probably
replace it with some generic aftermarket
seat that's at least comfortable.

Have you contacted Grammer? I'm thinking some models of older JD 20-55 series utility tractors came from factory with Grammer seats. Seat mounting brackets should be the same for all JD utility tractors except possibly the models with 6 cylinder engines.

I did contact Grammer directly. They said to contact a third party--the third party said they didn't make a seat for the 2550.

However, I imagine both gentlemen I talked to were referencing a computer screen, and not any first- or second-hand knowledge of what will *actually work*.

My thoughts that Grammer made JD seats was correct.

mvphoto83125.png

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back