2640 and what size rotary mower

is a 2640 big enough to handle a 7 foot rotary mower such as a mx7. I currently have a woods 6 foot mower that is very light weight
that works ok except I mow along fields and I cut small saplings maybe up to an inch and its hard on the mower. I would really like
to have something wide enough to cut the width of the tires. Any comments or advice appreciated.

It will handle it with no problems. I pull MX8 with a smaller tractor and have plenty of power.

Not sure if I can help, but I pull a 16ft Bush hog with a 2950 in tall grass or light brush. Speed and height of cut is what determines how big of unit you can handle. Thick grass, cut low will take way more power than clipping a pasture after cattle have grazed it. Its all about what you push though it, and how fast. Al

Should be fine , as long as your not trying to mow down to much, to fast.
I have an MX8 semi-mount I run on a 6420.
Their around 90 hp on the shaft as opposed to about 70hp on a 2640, but my 6420 reads about 110 on the shaft according to my dyno.
put it on my JD 3020 Diesel too and it's pushing about 65 on the pto and it does fine for me too.
But again , as stated above, depends on how thick and how fast you want to go.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back