2810 rear tires have odd wear pattern

swampranch

New User
Hello and thank you,

I have a 2810 with an odd wear pattern, the inside of the left rear tread is worn lower than the outside and the outside tread of the right rear tire is worn the same way while the inside is normal wear pattern.

What could be the cause of this wear, or could it be considered normal? To high of air pressure, too low?

Thank you in advance for your insight,

Bob

My first guess is you are using an implement with strong side load.
If both tires are matching brand and size it may also be a fault with the design as both are wearing on the same travel direction side.
Interesting topic as it hasn't come up before.

Thank you Tom, I will try and add pictures tomorrow evening
after work and brush hogging.. this tractor has just been
used to move hay and brush hogging as far a I am aware..
thanks again and pictures to follow

How long have you had the tractor and tires? If they are fairly new to you, then it may be from prior use from a previous owner. My '73 4000 was used as a highway mower in its previous life, and it had a hydraulically controlled and powered side arm rotary mower that added about 500 lb. or so to the right side of the tractor. The right side of both rear tires were worn a lot more than the left sides, and the right front tire had been replaced at some point with a truck tire while the original tri-rib on the left front looked almost new, except for the sidewall checking from age.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back