2840 hydraulics

Robbie Gooch

New User
I have a 2840 and the hydraulics have started hammering. I've heard this is a common problem with these tractors. Is there a
common cause of this? I've already drained the fluid, cleaned the strainer/screen and replaced the filter with little change.

Yes, pump coupling is new. PTO, HI/LO and brakes work fine. You can feel/see the hammering in the steering, 3 point and remotes

The only real solution to closed center hyd problems is performing good, thorough diagnostic procedures. I'm surprised a 2840 is still operating today. I sold new 2840's that failed hydraulically while still under warranty. 2840's were notorious for poor engine starting when hyd oil was at operating temp. With hyd oil at operating temp, 3pt raised, engine operating look in open hyd filler hole behind seat for spraying oil. Spraying oil indicates faulty rockshaft control valve seals.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back