2940 JD Hydraulic light comes on at low idle

Earl40

New User
I have 2940 open station after a hour or two of use the hydraulic light will come on at around 500 to 600 rpm. It does not come until it is good and warm. It will go off as soon as you idle the tractor up at all. I have replaced the filter and oil. Not sure where to look next any help would be great. Thaks

Welcome to YT
How many hrs of use since hyd suction screen was checked/cleaned? Also check to be sure hyd filter relief valve isn't stuck open.
mvphoto94346.png

I have had the tractor for about 6 to 7 years and I have put around 400 hours on it. I change the filter every other year but didnt know about this one. Not sure if it ever been check before i got it.

(quoted from post at 06:43:10 07/11/22) I have 2940 open station after a hour or two of use the hydraulic light will come on at around 500 to 600 rpm. It does not come until it is good and warm. It will go off as soon as you idle the tractor up at all. I have replaced the filter and oil. Not sure where to look next any help would be great. Thaks

IIRC, low idle is 800 on those, it can happen that the light glows at 500 with a dirty oil filter. It could also be the pipes leaking.

If yours is a 2wd, you have easy access to the pipes trough the bottom cover. No need to split.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back