3 bottom semi mount plow

super99

Does anyone have a 3 bottom semi mount Oliver plow? I would like some good pictures of the frame. I have a 4-18 and a 5-16 semi mount and I would like to cut one down to make a 3 bottom out of it for a new to me 1550. I think the 5-16 is a 546 and the 4-18 is a 548, but they are rusty and the serial sticker is long gone, so just guessing. I'm in the trying to decide stage right now, but I looked at the 5 bottom and the front frame width is puzzling me, can I cut it down for the 3 bottom? I plan to make it so I can add bottoms back on if the need arises. The 4 bottom would be simpler, but would 3-18's be too much for a 1550? Thanks, Chris

I believe this is a 546 that's been setting a long time not far from me. Convertible 14 or 16 inch, three or four bottom. I'm not sure but it looks as if the front bottom comes off and the hitch points moved to the left. Seems that would leave the beam sticking out to the right.
cvphoto66475.jpg

cvphoto66476.jpg

Brother has a 3 bottom semi mount spring reset plow. Would pics of that help you ? If so I can take some tomorrow .

That’s not a convertible plow. That’s strictly a 4 bottom base. If it was convertible it would have a flange on the beam between the third and fourth bottom and you would remove the entire 4th bottom beam and all. Then move the tail wheel assembly up to that flange.

A 4340 was 3 and 4 bottom. I would think a 1550 could handle it just fine. Would one of those suit your needs?

I have a 4240 3 bottom pull plow, I want a 3 bottom semi mounted plow. Yes, pictures would be great. I took pictures of the 4 and 5 bottom plows when we got home from Drs. appointments this afternoon but you can’t see them very good. If it’s not raining in the morning, I’ll try hooking onto them and pull them out of the weeds for a better picture. This is the 4 bottom
cvphoto66517.jpg

cvphoto66518.jpg

cvphoto66519.jpg

This is the 5 bottom
cvphoto66522.jpg

cvphoto66523.jpg

cvphoto66524.jpg

Here’s the 5-14. It was my brother’s, I haven’t used it yet
cvphoto66643.jpg

cvphoto66644.jpg

cvphoto66645.jpg

cvphoto66646.jpg

Last picture is a add on bottom

Before they came out with a 3 bottom backbone fit the 565 plow, they used 4 bottom backbones to make 3 bottom plows, by not adding the very front button. I've got one my grandpa bought new that way, and it shows in the manual how to do it.

Donovan from Wisconsin

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back