That's correct. Most likely an 8N engine transplanted into a 2N/9N if you have 3 fwd.(quoted from post at 20:36:51 09/08/12) Howdy, the block numbers are 8N158209, I have read a few times that the 8N has the 4 speed trans, I assume that would be 4 foward/1 reverse. Is this correct info?
Early 8Ns did not have the scripted fenders, later ones did. I was referring to the picture.(quoted from post at 21:13:24 09/08/12) that doesn't sound right but I'll have to check for sure, I want to say reg H pattern with R left foward. the rear fenders are not Ford script but the hood is script. lol I think it might have been someones parts tractor they unloaded on my dad.
What I find most awkward is switching back and forth between the two models!(quoted from post at 21:42:23 09/08/12) That must be what I've done, I'll check it better. that pattern sure looks awkward though. thanks alot
I see an 8N in this picture. Looks to be an early one since it appears to have a front mount distributor. You do know they are not made to shift on the fly. You come to a stop to shift into each gear
Yep, doesn't look like a 9N/2N to me. Keep us updated on your progress!(quoted from post at 19:58:42 09/09/12) well yall answered that one for me, I had missed 4th gear,it is a 4 speed heres a pic.
]
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy