3 point sprayer

Harper

I have a Fimco 3 point hitch 40 gallon electric sprayer, not great but it does the job. The problem is that the tank has developed a leak. I am thinking that I might replace the 40 gallon with 65 gallon Norwesco tank for $150. Can anyone think of a reason this will not work? I only spray about 20 acres once or twice a year so I really justify a major investment in a PTO driven sprayer.

Don't see why not.

Friend of mine had a 120 gallon tank develope a leak via a crack.
He picked up one of those 275 gallon, steel caged cube tote tanks off of CL for $50. Brand new, used once to transport soda pop syrup. Built with big screw on fill port and a 2" dump valve.
Transferred all the sprayer parts onto that.
Uses a 3-point fork attachment now to pick it up of course.

First thing is what tractor is it to go on. You just might be overloadind the hitch to where it will not rais the sprayer or hold it up without dammaging the tractor or possibly not being able to keep front end on ground. Things to think about before putting a bigger tank on. You are talking about adding a lot of weight.

Thanks everyone for the input . To reply to your comments:
1) The sprayer has a 10' 4 nozzle boom
2) It appears the cost of having it welded will cost nearly as much as a new tank and no guarantee. (The tank has 4 leaks)
3) The tractor is MF 20C with front loader. I believe the 3 point hitch is rated @ 3120 lbs

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back