3 pt Inverted Snowblower experience (Long)

psimmer

Late last fall or early winter there was a question about the inverted (pull type) 3pt snowblowers. I commented at the time that I would be running one for a commercial snow removal company. First of all, it was a very light winter in Northern Michigan, so I didn't experience constant nor very heavy snows. I was operating a John Deere 5100E (100 hp) with a 92 Normand commercial blower. My typical route consisted of over 50 different jobs, consisting of mostly driveways, 2 commercial parking lots, and 2 walking/hiking trails. Because of commercial accounts and contracts, there was a 2 inch trigger for almost all of them. So for the most part it was light snow removal. Some comments on the original post were concerns that it wouldn't remove snow down to the concrete because the tractor drove over it first. I will say that was not an issue at all. This blower is heavy with a good cutting edge, and cleared down to the concrete or asphalt. The 2 parking lots were only on my route because geographically they worked for me to do them. Both were wide enough that even though that blower throws snow extremely well, it wouldn't throw clear across the lot. Both had buildings on one side, so the snow all had to go one direction. Even reblowing the snow the second time, this blower cleared it off with no issues. The walking trails were an absolute dream to blow. One pass, forward at up to 6 or 7 miles an hour with 4 or 5 inches of snow. Loved blowing them. Since I did have this at my house, I did do a lap around the field when I got back so we had a place to walk. It would drift in there, so sometimes I would blow 12 to 18 inches of snow. That would make it work a little, but was no problem at all. I do wonder what it would do in 2 to 3 feet of snow, but for what this contractor is using these (he now has 3), these things work great and were a pleasure to drive. He gets lots of favorable comments from customers that have experienced torn up sod etc. from having them plowed in the past. The biggest downfall for me is the 2 am or 3 am starting time.

Thanks for the feedback on your experience with the pull behind snowblower. I'm also in northern MI just south of Traverse City. It was a nice mild winter, I think I only cleaned my driveway and yard 6 times all winter.

Thanks psimmer, I viewed a video of some in use. It is apparent that they work very well. It is obvious that they will handle much deeper snow by slowing down a little.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back