3000 Gas Ignition Switch

jchewie

1973 Gas 3000.
Factory wiring as far as I can tell.
Current switch is an obvious replacement, 5 position, 7 pole deal that has corrosion around the exterior and isn't reliable. Blades for two terminals have been cut off.

I ordered this switch from this site: https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Ford-3000_Ignition-Switch-Keyed_D3NN11N572A.html

What showed up is a Morel brand switch marked C5NN11N572A which matches the parts manual.
BUT the replacement switch is a 4 position switch with a left momentary contact in addition to off, run, and momentary start positions.
None of the terminals are tied together externally or internally like they should be, I checked this with an ohmeter.
The run position only connects the wide terminal to a single narrow terminal.
The back of the switch doesn't match either photo shown for this part.

I could hack the wiring up but not going to - I will call to get the return on this rolling tomorrow, but I'm wondering if anyone has a known replacement.

I do not want the other switch this site sells. It is the same as the one coming out and was meant for a diesel.

Quick update, the switch I received seems to be mistakenly labeled by the manufacturer - terminal configuration and 4 switch positions are like what would be expected for a diesel with heater.

YT customer service helped me out and the correct switch is on the way.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back