3010 Frame Part

kinglouie

I have 3010 with a cast iron part that's positioned right under the hydraulic pump that has cracked on both sides. I don't know
part.jpg
part-number.jpg
what the part is called. It might be a common problem with the 3010s. I can't seem to find a blown up diagram where I can identify it so I thought I'd try you guys. I've never posted here before but I've learned a lot and solved problems from the existing posts quite a bit over the years. I'm wondering how much a new part might cost and if I could even get one.

Hopefully someone here will have an idea about this and be kind enough to get the ball rolling on me getting this old tractor back up and running. Unfortunately it wasn't me who broke it so I don't really know the details on how it got broke.

I have 3010 with a cast iron part that's positioned right under the hydraulic pump that has cracked on both sides. I don't knowView attachment 68357View attachment 68358 what the part is called. It might be a common problem with the 3010s. I can't seem to find a blown up diagram where I can identify it so I thought I'd try you guys. I've never posted here before but I've learned a lot and solved problems from the existing posts quite a bit over the years. I'm wondering how much a new part might cost and if I could even get one.

Hopefully someone here will have an idea about this and be kind enough to get the ball rolling on me getting this old tractor back up and running. Unfortunately it wasn't me who broke it so I don't really know the details on how it got broke.
If other sources want wild money, that can be welded, and a plate bolted across those breaks at a machine shop!

If other sources want wild money, that can be welded, and a plate bolted across those breaks at a machine shop!
Googling the part number shows that I might be able to have one mailed up to Canada for about $300 - $400 including shipping. But I like the idea of fixing it because I might be able to strengthen it at the same time. This was my dad's tractor and I never used it myself but got it from his estate. He bought it after I'd left home. But there were other ones of these parts and they were broken too. When this one broke some people took one off my 4010 and put it on this 3010 and it broke too! So it looks like it's gone through 4 all together but I wasn't around for any of them. I wonder if it's a common problem with the 3010, possibly remedied with the 3020?

Have you actually heard of having this part repaired? It's tricky to weld on cast iron I believe but it's encouraging that you claim it's possible. I'm very interested in trying this approach with the possibility of making it stronger than the original. What on earth are the people doing to break them I wonder. Whenever I've used this tractor it's been fine.

Thanks for the reply!

A salvage yard should have that support... I have never seen one crack or broken.. I would try to get a good used one.. Yes, price will be the factor??? TX Jim has your JD numbers..

Googling the part number shows that I might be able to have one mailed up to Canada for about $300 - $400 including shipping. But I like the idea of fixing it because I might be able to strengthen it at the same time. This was my dad's tractor and I never used it myself but got it from his estate. He bought it after I'd left home. But there were other ones of these parts and they were broken too. When this one broke some people took one off my 4010 and put it on this 3010 and it broke too! So it looks like it's gone through 4 all together but I wasn't around for any of them. I wonder if it's a common problem with the 3010, possibly remedied with the 3020?

Have you actually heard of having this part repaired? It's tricky to weld on cast iron I believe but it's encouraging that you claim it's possible. I'm very interested in trying this approach with the possibility of making it stronger than the original. What on earth are the people doing to break them I wonder. Whenever I've used this tractor it's been fine.

Thanks for the reply!
A welder will sand blast the part and deep V the broken sections in a fixture that keeps them aligned and stable. They will be heated to weld temperature and appropriate rod will be used to fuse the tabs together. Multiple passes are made with the final pass being at or above the surface. The cooling process should take 3 or 4 hours. Once cool, the weld can be ground flat on the side being reinforced. 1/4 inch meduim carbon steel plate can be bent to match the joint. Then bolted across the joint with 3/8X1.25 course thread grade 8 bolts (Inches) in a pattern (probably 3 on each side of the weld and at least 1cm away from the weld. Probably 10mm grade 12 bolts in MM. Jim

A salvage yard should have that support... I have never seen one crack or broken.. I would try to get a good used one.. Yes, price will be the factor??? TX Jim has your JD numbers..
I agree. I can't imagine what they're doing to break those things. I would certainly replace it rather than try to fix it. Even with the coupling, alignment is critical.

Thanks a million for all your replies guys. This is a great site and it's helped me a lot over the years.

Wow though, what the heck have all those other people done to break that one part I wonder. I wonder if there's something wonky about the front axle that's allowing some torsion of the frame. I'm surprised I'm not hearing back from people on this forum that it's a known 3010 problem considering how this tractor is going through them. But I used my 4010 quite a bit and it has the same part and not until some other guy replaced that broken part on the 3010 with the one from the 4010 did it break so I wonder if the 3010 has a frame/axle issue that's breaking that part.

Thanks for the reply!
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...yn_pdf&grd=1&type=ppff_9525_FFW_ZZ&p=R34358++ looks like a lot of used ones out there

Have you checked side frame retaining bolts too be sure they're tight?? Does this 3010 have a frt end loader attached?
I haven't checked the side frame bolts but will. But yes, there's a loader on it. However, the 4010 had a loader on it too. I never did too much with the 4010 loader. Mostly just had a blade on it to blade snow and used it to hang things from and carry around things like fence posts. The guy working the loader on the 3010 might have been rough but I just don't know (heard a rumor, but the rumor was from my mom so...). I'd be interested to hear how a loader might factor into things. There was a snow blower mounted on the 3 point but I took it off. Could the shift in weight taking the rear mounted snow blower have any sort of effect?

I agree. I can't imagine what they're doing to break those things. I would certainly replace it rather than try to fix it. Even with the coupling, alignment is critical.
I just asked an apparently all the guy was doing when that part broke both times was pushing snow with the bucket. I wondered if maybe he was carrying a round bale maybe and got it up a bit too high and started swaying and maybe twisted the frame but I guess not.

I have 3010 with a cast iron part that's positioned right under the hydraulic pump that has cracked on both sides. I don't knowView attachment 68357View attachment 68358 what the part is called. It might be a common problem with the 3010s. I can't seem to find a blown up diagram where I can identify it so I thought I'd try you guys. I've never posted here before but I've learned a lot and solved problems from the existing posts quite a bit over the years. I'm wondering how much a new part might cost and if I could even get one.

There is a strong chance the center bearing and shaft are bad causing vibration that broke the mounting..

All the fasteners on the frame are tight.
It's NOT a "frame part".

The hydraulic pump mounting bracket is NOT involved with the FRAME or carrying the loader, AT ALL, it simply mounts the hydraulic pump to the engine,

I don't think this is a common thing, but possibly a hydraulic pump that is producing too much pressure or is putting out pressure with unusual pulsations could POSSIBLY put stress on the bracket.

As to welding/repairing it, it's CRITICAL that the crankshaft and hydraulic pump are exactly aligned in all dimensions, and repairing it would be my last choice.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back