Marvel carb expert help needed

docmirror

My TO-30 has a TSX-458 carb. I just did a rebuild on it, but found the plastic venturi is cracked around the annular flange that fits into the throat. I've been looking for any kind of venturi replacement, but all the kits just have jets, needles, seat, and pin with gasket. I don't know the part number for the venturi either.

If anyone can get the venturi for this carb, get in touch. The tractor runs, but it's got a cough at 2/3 throttle and I'm pretty sure it's due to the poor emulsion of the fuel as it goes through this cracked venturi.

Well, with a bit more search parameters, I found this place:

Now, I wonder which one fits my TSX-458
Measure across both ends of the venturi. They are listed in your link by the carb size. Here's a size chart for the 3 sizes:
1708147287231.png

My TO-30 has a TSX-458 carb. I just did a rebuild on it, but found the plastic venturi is cracked around the annular flange that fits into the throat. I've been looking for any kind of venturi replacement, but all the kits just have jets, needles, seat, and pin with gasket. I don't know the part number for the venturi either.

If anyone can get the venturi for this carb, get in touch. The tractor runs, but it's got a cough at 2/3 throttle and I'm pretty sure it's due to the poor emulsion of the fuel as it goes through this cracked venturi.
Plastic Venturis are junk. Ditto with floats. They make OEM Brass ones, $20. Look on ebay.

Tim Daley (MI)

McDonald carb in GA. ..... Google them

This is all good info. I know the carb is the 'small' size. There are about 9 different venturis that fit the small carb.

Well, with a bit more search parameters, I found this place:

Now, I wonder which one fits my TSX-458
In october 2023 I the carb on my farmall was leaking. I ended up buying this one off Amazon.
Dosens Carburetor Compatible with IH-Farmall Tractor A AV B BN C Super A Super C Replace 352376R92 TSX156 TSX157 TSX319 354184R93 355485R91... $33.69.
It was a clone, perfect match, to my 1950 carb.
After I got it adjusted it works perfect. I would see what Amazon has.
Remember, no hassle returning things to amazon.
71Yp4U-XxuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

First is to verify which Marvel-Schebler TSX unit was used on the tractor model you have. Some fellas have swapped out their OEM one when they needed one to replace or were having issues so just stole from another tractor, thus may not be the correct one now. The pic going by hole spread isn't a good test. Carbs were designed by engine size. The bigger the engine, the bigger the Venturi. Going by the top flange bore diameter and the bottom half diameter would be a much better method to measure and determine correct size. I have a Marvel Carb Mauakls arunf er I'll try to find and see if that listing of sizes.

Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• M-S TSX 33 CARB - TOP VIEW.jpg
    M-S TSX 33 CARB - TOP VIEW.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • M-S TSX  33 CARB - BOTTOM VIEW & VENTURI 1.jpg
    M-S TSX 33 CARB - BOTTOM VIEW & VENTURI 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • M-S TSX  33 CARB - BOTTOM VIEW & VENTURI 2.jpg
    M-S TSX 33 CARB - BOTTOM VIEW & VENTURI 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
First is to verify which Marvel-Schebler TSX unit was used on the tractor model you have. Some fellas have swapped out their OEM one when they needed one to replace or were having issues so just stole from another tractor, thus may not be the correct one now. The pic going by hole spread isn't a good test. Carbs were designed by engine size. The bigger the engine, the bigger the Venturi. Going by the top flange bore diameter and the bottom half diameter would be a much better method to measure and determine correct size. I have a Marvel Carb Mauakls arunf er I'll try to find and see if that listing of sizes.

Tim Daley (MI)
TSX 548 is one of the carbs in the parts book for a TO 30. McDonald Carb and Ignition shows a venturi for that carb number. The one in their picture looks to be plastic, but it may just be a stock photo. I have had luck getting things from them. I would suggest docmirror make a phone call to them, not just look on the internet, they may have some made of other materials as well.

Venturi for TSX 548

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back