camper

New User
I have a 3010 that has just sheared the internal 1000 to 540 pin inside for the third time. My question is does anyone know of a way to make this problem go away. Is it possible to illininate to 1000 rpm side and make it permanent 540 rpm.
 
What make of tractor is this? Is there a shear pin on the PTO shaft of the implement you have hooked up to your tractor's PTO? If not, I'd install a shear pin type quick coupler on your implement's PTO shaft
 
What he is talking about is a pin deep inside the tractor that shifts the PTO drive gears be tween 540 RPM and 1000 RPM mode, depending upon which PTO "stub shaft" is installed at the time.
 
Have you looked REALLY CLOSE at the shaft to see if it is "twisted" in the splined area, and at the gears/shift collar to see if the teeth are badly worn/tapered?
 
Yes I under stand that part about the tractor. What I don't understand is what Make the tractor is. Also I was trying to understand, the pice of machinery he has hooked up to the tractor if it has a shear pin system on the quick coupler on the PTO shaft of the implement. I must have a real SSSTTUUDDEERRING problen the past 2 days, that I dhave to keep repeating myself. I can't help it if people can't listen when they read.
 
Probably the same make (and model) we bought new in '63, along with a model 122 mounted cotton picker. Now if I can just remember what make it was, I'll post back with the information..........It's baaaaaaad gettin' old.
 
As a temporary fix to make your pto work take your stub shaft off, clean the backside real well and superglue 2 or 3 pennies to the short stub. Gently put it back on and bolt it back together as you normally would. I had this happen to me in the middle of cutting hay, went to mother deere and was told this by a customer that over heard my dilema. The dealer couldn"t get my tractor in for weeks. It works and it was actually a long time before I split the tractor to fix it permantly. When split you put a new roll pin in and weld together. You will never have 1000 rpm again though.
 
Do you know of any other make of "3010" besides DEERE that had a 2-speed PTO shifted by a LOOONNGGG pin INSIDE the tractor's internal PTO shaft?
 
Camper if you research the archives on the JD forum I have explained in detail in the past how to eliminate 1000 rpm's on a 3010/4010 pto. Fill free to email me by clicking o my profile in modern view. Tx Jim
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top