3020 Gas Oil out the breather tube

Have a 71 3020 gas tractor and after running it under light to medium load for 2 hours I shut it off. After a couple hours come back to the shop to where it is parked and find that there is a spot of oil under the breather tube about the size of a deck of cards. Is that expectable? I literally just reset the valves and new plugs plug wires and new coil and electronic ignition and set the timing. New carb and radiator also. When the new plugs went in and after setting the valves I also did a compression test and it came in around 150 on all 4 cylinders. Also just changed oil in it using 15w40 oil.
Didn't know what your guys thoughts were as to if there is something going on or if that is ok and nothing to worry about. Tractor has 7700 hours on it but somewhere around 4000 hours it had the head gone through. I do not know as to why just the head and not an in frame but that was what I was told when I bought the tractor.

It did set for 8 years or so and did not get used much at all.
since I have had it I have been trying to fix things up here and there and get it back into what I could call usable shape again so it can be used more regularly

A good constant load
Not really
I could probly hook it up the our big generator and let it set and run for a while that would put a load on it plus the generator could us being worked since it has sat for awhile now too

You think a good constant heavy load for what an hour would get it loosened up again?

Agree with SV and since the compression is high & even I don't think it's anything to really worry about.

Fresh 15W-40, which usually has a decent amount of detergent, along with some hard work will probably help get the rings sealing better. If not, just keep an eye on oil consumption and rig up a catch can......LOL

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back