1954 70 gas tank breather tube

Meangreen

Can anyone tell me the significance of the humps in the gas tank breather tube. We found this chunk laying on top of the tank when we removed the hood and no it was not attached at all just laying there (for who knows how long). Reason I ask is were planning on making a new tube and are wondering if the humps are needed. Thanks in advance.
cvphoto169281.jpg

I currently have the hood off my 70 gas, no bumps in mine, looks like a strait shot to me. Pretty sure mine is original due to the crustiness.

IMG_3430.jpeg

IMG_3431.jpeg

Great picture!

I've always wondered if those things actually worked to keep you warmer. Do they help?
Yes they do help keep you warm. The only thing I don't like is they limit your vision and the first thing I always want to do is stand up which totally defeats the purpose. I have better wind shields that are clear and that helps.

Good to know, thanks. Had a chance to buy one to fit on my snow-pusher but wasn't sure if they more of a gimmick. Maybe I'll see if he's still got it....

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back