3020 sleeve kit

glsinNY

Member
Can anyone tell me where the best place to buy a quality kit at a reasonable price.....not sure the dealer is the place to go
 
FWIW- first 3020 overhaul was done with aftermarket kit by local mechanic. Within 2 years, cavitation put water in the crankcase. Dealer did the next one in early 90s. Still runs fine. Never used any additives, nor changed AF, since either overhaul.
 
My family operates an independent agriculture repair shop. We have many sources for parts. John Deere will not be the least expensive to buy, but trust me, after trying to increase our profits by using aftermarket, we learned to hard way......Buy John Deere kits. In the long run they're least expensive to use.
 
Did you notice that the kits are made by TISCO? That alone should tell you that the quality is something less than top-notch. Even their PAINT is junk---yet you'd trust their overhaul kits? I'll go along with the other posters---buy the overhaul parts from DEERE, not Internet supply houses!! In this case especially, you get what you pay for!!
 
Thanks for everyone sharing your valuable experiences. It looks like a trip to my friendly JD dealer will be in order.....
 
A&I. They are owned by Deere, and I would bet that many of the Deere parts for older tractors are made by A&I and put in a Deere box. They are a little cheaper, but not much. Other than A&I I don't use many other aftermarket parts for the same reasons listed in the other posts. I have A&I kits in both my 3020 and 4020 and have been very happy so far.
 
Another advantage to going with JD kits, besides the quality, is the rings are pre-installed on the pistons and the pistons in the sleeves. All you have to do is drop the pistons down just enough to put in the pins and away you go.

I realize the the mighty dollar talks these days but trust those of us who have rebuilt machines top to bottom...the extra buck with going JD OEM is worth it.

Good luck!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top