315 NH baler issues

i used a new to me 315 NH baler this year. it seems to bale better with 170# twine vs 130# twine. however I have a issue with the baler. it leaves a piece of twine about 1-1/2 " long on the right side of the bale near the knot. the baler bales and ties nice. made 800 bales, and didn't miss a knot. the twine knives were dull when I got the baler, so I drove out the rivets and bolted in new knives. I ran a NH 276 for years, and every once in a while there would be a piece of twine near the knot, but nothing like this. does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for? thanks for the help.

I had a 315 for about 10 years. Finally wore it out to the point it needed just too much. Left a small piece of twine on every bale it made. Over the years I had 3 different baler guys out to work on it. All said it was normal.

Ya mean like this?

mvphoto40353.jpg

That is normal operation. Little stub of twine is what was left in the twine holder disk from the previous knot. If you
look carefully there should be one for every knot. Some may fall into next bale, or on the ground but they're there
somewhere.

i used a NH 276 before this new to me NH 315 baler. I was under the impression the 315 was a updated continuation of the 276. the 276 also left a few twine remnants on top of the bales, which I thought was probably normal, but nothing like this new baler does. I guess thats' why I asked the question. this winter i will also look at the knife arm travel as suggested. thanks for the help.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back