350 cca mower battery on sale

Geo-TH,In

Every year Menards has a special on my favorite 350 cca excide mower battery. They reduce the price $5 and then another $5 on rebate. I like this battery because it's maintenance free, no need to check fluid levels. Not sure if it's a AGM battery. The bouncing of a mower has doesn't splash out electrolyte. The top of battery is always dry. I call it a sealed battery, which may not be the exact term for a maintenance battery.

Went to Rural King and TSC. Their mower batteries are sale too, but no rebates. TSC sells a husky brand, 420 cca which is $15 more. It too is a sealed battery.

Pics are on my phone, I'll post below. I realize some of you don't believe in my test equipment, but this was a surprise to me when I measured the amps of a new 350 cca battery that was at room temp. Remember cca is amps at zero. My meter measures amps at ambient temp.
So let's just call the pic, believe it or not. I already know who won't believe it, so don't disappoint me.
geo.

Believe it or not.
a156633.jpg

a156634.jpg

When tested at normal room temperature this is about where at 350 CCA battery should be. Even at 32 F the battery should test at 25% above the 0 F CCA rating.

Brendon,
You are the first person to say my meter isn't junk.

I was surprised with the reading, but it really spun the engine over with no hesitation.

I bought two batteries, both weighed in at 12.75v and 485 amps.

I'm wondering if excide doesn't make the TSC battery and somehow they miss labled my battery and I got a 420 cca battery.

Why not? Brand new rated at 350 cca is about 500 room temp cranking amps battery. The chemical reaction on the plates that makes power is faster in warm weather.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back