350 U steering Quick update

A bit a of deja vu here. Bought this tractor for the front end loader. Engine sounded good but power steering was bad. I rebuilt the steering replacing several worn parts. Got it back together and uncovered a problem with the trans which I also got fixed. Steering went out again this winter while using the lower to move snow. Finally pulled it apart and a tooth on the the lever shaft with the sector had broken. On closer inspection this tooth has been welded before. My local welder did not want to weld it again for fear it would break. I found a replacement shaft and will begin to reassemble. I was surprised that while I had to search a bit I did come across a few people selling parts and the entire steering box. The shaft I purchased was probably a bit less costly then what I would have paid to have the old one welded. I've got an additional, repeat issue which I'll cover in a future post. Thanks!

I'll try again to add the pictures
cvphoto160320.jpg

cvphoto160321.jpg

cvphoto160322.jpg

I agree! I'd like to here the resolutions to many of these problems especially since multiple solutions were offered. Thanks Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back