36 A front hub

77diesel

Member
Does anyone know if a axel hub exists to put regular wheels on the front of a 36 JD A. The spoke hub on the front wheel has timken 2785 outer and 3380 inner bearings. They measure 1 5/16 outer 1 5/8 inner. I am having trouble finding a hub that will fit the spindle or do I need new spindles also. Thanks!
 
I know they exist. But I can't tell you where to find any. The '36 A that my Dad bought new had regular rims on the front and skeleton steel rears.
 
I put the hubs from a '48, or so "G" on a '36A a long time ago. Seems like there was a problem of them going on too far, that I solved with a spacer behind the inner bearing, but as I said, that was a long time ago. I'd think most any hubs from an "A" or "G" could be "made to fit", as the bearings, as far as I know are all the same size.
 
Alright guys I got some hubs that are 6 bolt 6 inch bolt pattern but they won't match any of the wheels I want to use. What is everyone doing to use a 5 bolt 4 3/4 bolt pattern, just making a spacer plate? It seam the front wheels will sit wide.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top